View larger imageDatasheetUser manualNEW 6–DEGREES–OF-FREEDOM!
Demo Board With Software Lets You Use Your Gyro Without Any Delay - Optional
Miniature Hybrid Inertial Sensors
- Contains 3 MEMS gyroscopes and 3 MEMS accelerometers
- All sensor measurement electronics integral -40ºC ~+85 ºC operation
- Software data compensation
- Serial data output interfaces with any standard UART port
- Adding one RS232 driver/receiver gives direct PC communication
- Angular rates up to ± 300º(s)
- Accelerations up to ±10g
- Insensitive to power supply variations
- Calibrated over full temperature range
- Complete inertial sensor data processing
- Wide dynamic range of operation
- Selectable outputs: 8, 16, 32, 64Hz
- Scale factor error: 1000 ppm
- Residual gyro bias error: 0.5º/sec
- Residual accelerometer bias error: 5 mg
- Misalignment errors: 0.1º
- Output noise: 0.03 º rms / 5 mm/s rms
- Extremely low price
The EAGLE MICRO ISU is a complete 6-degrees-of-freedom inertial sensor unit, with 2 built-in internally regulated power supplies for powering separate analogue and digital electronics and is fully calibrated over its operating temperature range of -40°C to +85°C.
It contains MEMS gyros and accelerometers and all the signal measurement electronics necessary for performing accurately with angular rates up to ±300°/s and accelerations up to ±10g.
The unit transmits output data as angular incremental and velocity incremental data in serial frames of 16 bytes at one of the user-selectable frequencies of 64 Hz, 32 Hz, 16 Hz or 8 Hz. Serial data is transmitted and received in standard UART format as asynchronous bytes at 38,400 baud with 1 start bit, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and no parity.
The Demo Test Board provides a simple PC interface. The board, which comes with PC test software and RS232 cable, displays all the output data, allows selection between different data-frame frequencies and demonstrates its application as a simplified Alttitude/ Heading Reference System.